Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back in California: Writing the Book in Santa Cruz


For the past few days I have been hiding away at Pop's cabin in Santa Cruz. Beneath the towering redwood trees, I've been writing the first draft of the book.

Oklahoma was amazing. I got to meet the long lost Cox relatives, tour Cheyenne Arapaho Tribal Lands, and even shoot animatronic animals while wearing a coonskin cap.

My reverse migration has come to an end, but the story is just beginning. What was it E.L. Doctorow said? Oh yes, "Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia."


I hope I don't get cabin fever.

Or, maybe I hope I do. It would certainly produce a more riveting narrative.

And God knows I owe you a good story.

Thanks for following. Keep your eyes peeled for Frisco Okie, the book.

Remy Cox

1 comment:

  1. Have you talked with others who have gone through similar experiences and journeys of finding out more about their Native ancestry?

    ReplyDelete